Knowing how to write a cover letter for a job can help take your job application to the top of the pile. Although it might seem like an extra step in the application process, it’s really a chance to make yourself stand out in a competitive job market.
The great news is that you don’t have to spend a whole lot of time creating the best cover letter ever. If you take some time to include relevant information, customized and crafted specifically for the position and employer, it could increase your chance of advancing to the next step in the application process.
Here are some cover letter tips that show you exactly how to write one that helps you land the interview you’ve been waiting for. MORE
Table of contents:
- Follow the standard format of a cover letter
- Share your contact details in the header
- Address the letter to the hiring manager
- Tailor the introduction to the job
- Explain why you’re the best candidate for the job
- Conclude with a call to action
- Sample cover letter
- Additional considerations