Youth Summit 2016 on ‘Rethinking Education for the New Millennium’
The World Bank is organizing a Youth Summit, which might be of interest to youth who are below 35 years old. The Youth Summit is on November 14-15, 2016. There is also a competition with a submission deadline of September 25, 2016. More details in the link below:
We know that many young professionals like yourself have fantastic ideas on how to improve education and thereby positively impact communities, countries, or societies at large. Whether you are an aspiring change-maker or already involved in tackling an educational challenge, we want to hear from you!
The Youth Summit 2016 Competition ‘Innovative Ideas to Transform Education’ gives you an opportunity to showcase your idea. The authors of the best proposals will be invited to pitch their ideas during the Youth Summit 2016! The competition is open to individuals or teams of 2-4 people aged 18 to 35, from all over the world. Prior entrepreneurial experience or business background is not required – anyone who has an innovative policy or business-level idea on how to provide young people with a quality, inclusive and relevant education, adapted to the realities of the 21st century, is encouraged to participate!
Deadline for Submission: September 25
· Find more information about the submission process on the Competition Page.
· Check out here what last year’s finalists have achieved thanks to the competition – they have been contacted by venture capitalists, the United Nations, and managers from the World Bank Group!
Although young people are the main consumers and participants in education, they rarely have the opportunity to shape a system that is built on their behalf. The Youth Summit 2016 will seek to bridge that gap by giving young people an active voice in shaping the future of education.
Join the Youth Summit 2016 on November 14-15 in Washington D.C. to explore solutions to the most pressing educational issues together with other passionate, creative and motivated young leaders from all over the world!
· Visit the Youth Summit 2016 Event Page for more information about the event and the registration process.
· More information to come in our upcoming Youth Summit 2016 Newsletter!
Spread the Word
· Let your network know about the launch of the Youth Summit 2016 and its Competition by sharing this email.
· Follow and contribute to the conversation on Twitter and Facebook #wbgyouthsummit.
· Share and comment on our latest blog.
For any questions please contact: email@example.com